Terms and Conditions
Your booking is accepted subject to the following terms and conditions and by confirming your booking with us you accept that these terms and conditions will apply.
Gold Coast Travel will provide you with a written quote based on the specific and accurate details provided by you. Prices are current at the time of your quotation. All prices quoted will be in Australian dollars and include GST. Quotations are valid from the quotation date for the period shown on the quotation (normally 60 days) and are subject to availability at the time of booking. We will not accept any tentative bookings.
The quotation will become invalid if there is any material change to the trip or itinerary (e.g, passenger numbers, timings, destination, drop-offs etc). We then reserve the right to re-quote in such circumstances. If the price originally quoted has varied since we provided the quotation due to increased costs for applicable airport charges, road tolls, entry fees or parking charges, then Gold Coast Travel reserves the right to pass these increases on to you.
Please ensure that you can supply all the necessary basic information for your booking and provide us with as much notice as possible. Customer bookings must be received in some form of written form (e-mail, fax or mail). Verbal bookings will be accepted in certain circumstances. We will check our availability again and confirm your booking in writing by return.
Deposit and Payment
Bus charter and airport transfer bookings are only secured once we have received your deposit or full payment. Gold Coast Travel generally requires a 20% deposit (or full payment) to confirm your booking and hold the vehicle (unless otherwise stated). The balance amount due will be payable in full no later than 5 working days prior to the date of travel.
Any short notice bookings will require full payment before the date of travel, unless prior approval by management has been granted for a different payment method.
The method of payment is to be arranged prior to the trip. Payment can be by direct deposit (EFT), credit card, posted cheque, cash on day of the trip (prior approval required).
If paying by personal or business cheque, the cheque is required to be at our office at least 5 working days prior to the trip for bank clearance, unless credit terms have been approved by management beforehand.
If cash payment has been agreed by management beforehand, it should be paid directly to the driver on the day of the charter or transfer and prior to its commencement.
Credit Card Payments and Charges
In the event of payment by credit card, Gold Coast Travel will charge an additional processing fee of up to 3% (normally only 2.5%) of the value of the booking according to the type of credit card used.
When paying by credit card, the transaction will be processed by our office on the working day prior to the travel, or on the working day prior to a weekend or public holiday. We only accept Visa and Mastercard. We don't have mobile credit card facilities in the vehicles.
Any amendments to your booking after confirmation can only be accepted subject to availability. Gold Coast Travel reserves the right to charge an amendment fee in respect of any change to your booking in addition to any other applicable charges in relation to the amendment.
You are responsible for any charges levied by suppliers in respect of extra time in the event that your booking does not run to schedule. This includes any extra charges levied where you choose to extend the duration of your booking and include charges for flight and/or traffic delays.
General Terms of Booking
• Strictly NO alcohol, smoking or food is allowed to be consumed on any Gold Coast Travel vehicles. No liability will be accepted for breaking this rule.
• Standing up in a moving vehicle is not allowed. All passengers must be seated whilst the vehicle is moving.
• A 15% surcharge applies for pick-ups between 10.30pm and 5:00am
• Gold Coast Travel reserves the right to use carefully selected subcontractors for any bus charter or airport transfer work when needed. This may be due to vehicle or driver availability or unforseen circumstances etc. This will not result in an increase in the agreed price.
• Non arrival at airport (no show). If following a booking the client fails to arrive on the flight then the driver will wait for a maximum of two hours starting from the flight's arrival time. If after this time the client fails to arrive, the customer will not be entitled to any refund. An extra charge may also be incurred for the additional waiting time.
• For bus charter hire, we reserve the right to charge extra waiting time if the customer or group do not adhere to the agreed pick-up or leave times agreed at the time of booking. The client will be advised of the extra cost and this will become payable immediately to the driver or to the office. A receipt will be issued and the tax invoice revised accordingly.
• Every effort will be made to get you to your destination on time, but the company shall not be held responsible or liable for any delay or loss due to:- delays caused by traffic jams, road works, road closures, diversions, extreme weather conditions, collisions caused by third parties, our vehicle breaking down, any delay which is beyond our control, acts of terrorism.
• If your flight is delayed for whatever reason, please attempt to contact us by phone: (+61 7) 5563 1542 or send a text to our mobile: 0410 354360 or e-mail: email@example.com as soon as you are aware of any delay to your arrival time.
• Violence, disorderly conduct and aggression will not be tolerated. A passenger may be refused entry onto a Gold Coast Travel vehicle if in the opinion of the driver the passenger is violent, drunk, disorderly or aggressive towards the driver or fellow passengers. The driver is authorised by management to request any unruly passenger(s) be removed from the vehicle. The removal of a passenger(s) will not occur if it places that passenger at some form of risk, but the matter may be reported to the Police if deemed necessary by the driver or management.
• Passengers are not permitted to place any part of their body outside the vehicle whilst the vehicle is moving.
• Gold Coast Travel reserves the right to terminate a charter or transfer if any actions are deemed threatening or dangerous to the driver or other passengers. No refund will be given in such circumstances.
• If our vehicle is damaged or soiled in any way as a result of passengers' actions, we will charge the client who booked a fee. We will charge the full amount to rectify or clean the vehicle and for the time lost whilst the vehicle was taken out of service.
• We reserve the right to amend any tariff published with the minimum of notice. All confirmed bookings will be at the rate quoted or the rate in effect at the time of booking.
• Special requests or variations by the customer during the charter or transfer are to be agreed upon with the driver. Any requests or variations to the original charter booking or transfer may incur additional charges and fees.
• Small dogs and cats will be allowed to travel within our vehicles with supervision but this must be declared and agreed at the time of booking and they must be carried in appropriate cages where practical. A small charge will be levied for this (except for guide dogs).
• The possession or use of any drugs, weapons or obscene material in the vehicle is forbidden.
• We reserve the right to refuse the addition of personal decorations to the vehicle should the possibility of stain, mess or damage be present.
• ABN – 82 109446513
• Qld Transport Operator Accreditation - 900348537
Cancellation and Refunds Policy
• If you receive a booking confirmation or tax invoice and then decide not to proceed with you booking please contact us as soon as possible.
• Cancellations in excess of 24 hrs will receive a 100% refund.
• Cancellations under 24 hrs and up to 12 before the journey commencement will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of the booking.
• Cancellations giving 12 hrs or less notice will not be due any refund and will consequently forfeit the cost of the booking.
• There will be an extra 2% cancellation (processing) fee for bookings made with a credit card.
• All refunds will be refunded back into the your bank account or credit card used for payment.
All passenger belongings, including luggage, carry on baggage, golf clubs and personal items etc, is the sole responsibility of the passenger, as Gold Coast Travel accepts no responsibility and shall not be liable for theft, loss or damage to any passenger baggage and personal items whilst in a Gold Coast Travel vehicle or luggage trailer.
Any lost property will be returned to our office and registered in our lost property register and stored at the owners risk for no more than 3 months. All lost property can be collected from our office between 8.00am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
If not personally collected, an administration fee and any postage, costs incurred will apply for the return of lost property. Perishable goods will be disposed off.
If you have any queries about our Terms and Conditions, please contact us for further assistance.